Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Use-it-up Curry

I've got a history of making somewhat Indian-style-like curry using pretty much whatever I feel like throwing in.  The only thing these have in common is the use of some style of Patak's curry paste and some kind of milk product.  Almost any kind of meat or vegetable has been used over the years.  But not deer, until today.

Today's cooking adventure was an exercise in using up stuff in the fridge, the most important of which was the venison bits not used to make steak last night.  Basically, I sauteed a thin-sliced sweet onion in olive oil, tossed in the cubed venison, and added a large dollop of curry paste.

A few minutes later I stirred in some sour cream and whole mile (usually I use yogurt but I had the milk and sour cream), and some leftover frozen cubed hashbrowns I had in the freezer.

I let this simmer for a bit until the meat looked done, then put in a can of spinach and some broccoli left over from last night.  Oh yeah, and a couple glugs of Worcestershire sauce.
Should have called this Creamed Spinach Broccoli Curry.
Very hearty dish.  It could have used a bit more more curry paste but I was out.  Plenty left over for lunch though. 
OMM NOMM NOMM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment