Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Interlude

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I'm up for learning more about being an archer.  Other than reading about it, I haven't made much headway on that quest.  My woodworking friend who I discussed making a bow with is basically too busy with school and his upcoming second child, so I'm not banking on our grand bow making project, but it might still happen one day.  Just for a pastime thing to do, I'm trying to follow online instructions for making a simple board bow out of red oak I found at Home Depot.  I'm probably making a right cock-up of it since I don't really have the patience for woodwork, but its just something to play with. 
Poorly-shaped bow form.
Fortunately, I checked Ebay today and it seems older recurve bows aren't that difficult or expensive to come by.  I might get one after the holidays.  I probably need to start with something with a lower draw weight since those muscles on my person aren't exactly well exercised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment