Saturday, September 4, 2010

Daily Grind II: Breakfast Edition

If there is ever a time at the stove when I loose it, its cooking weekend breakfast.  Something about juggling everything at once when I'm most likely sleepy and/or in some degree of "morning after syndrome" sometime gets me infuriated.  A sloppy, slimy egg can put me in a bad mood for an hour.

Anyhow, that said, this wasn't really one of those mornings.  As far as the venison goes, I mixed it with sage, cayenne, black pepper, oregano, and basil while a few pieces of bacon were rendering away in the pan.  I poured in a few glugs of olive oil in an attempt to make it not quite so dry then divvied it into four patties and sauteed away.

I called the Significant Other to come put some bread in the toaster, but he pulled out some frozen biscuits that had languished in the freezer for months.  I had grave doubts about them but he said they needed to be used so into the toaster oven they went.  They rose like a lead zeppelin, but whatever.

The Result.
Despite the olive oil and bacon grease, the patties were still fairly dry, but like the burgers last night had excellent flavor.  The sage and cayenne brought out an almost sweetness.  And the eggs were not sloppy nor slimy, but just like I like 'em.

OK, I'm going out in the woods now, nice long walk in the heat and ticks and mosquitoes that I should have done much earlier today.   But first, a dog shot:

The  Beaglettes licking the pan after we cooked a few tidbits for treats last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment