Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spaghetti.

Spaghetti.  I made spaghetti.  With venison meat sauce.  Seriously, that's all I did.  I browned some Italian-like venison sausage and poured in a can of Bertolli marinara sauce.  I added some onions and garlic too.  The only remotely special thing I did was mixed some fresh spinach into it, because I had a bag that needed to be used up.  And whole-grain spaghetti since fiber is important.  I expect it will feed me tonight and tomorrow for lunch, at least.  Here are the customary blurry iPhone pics:
Freshest ingredients.
Italian-like sausage browning.  The twigs are rosemary, I added a lot.
Exotic!  Waiting until near the end to add the spinach.  I'm not even going to bother with a plate shot, I'll just do a lunch shot tomorrow.  Peace.
Its been raining for days here, folks.  My melatonin reserves are running low.  I'm also sleep deprived because my one dog that never false-alarms went ballistic with his "I'MAGONNARIPYOURTHROAT" bark at 2:30 am and jarred me wide awake.  I came really close to grabbing the shotgun but he settled down in just a few seconds.  I couldn't find anything wrong, but that's the bark he reserves for when there is a stranger right outside the door (very useful as Saturday anti-evangelical deterrent).  Could be he scared someone off, if so then the system worked. Could have been an damn cat on the windowsill, that happened once before and scared the shit out of me.  The house never quite settled down again after that though, I gave up trying to sleep right before 6.

Hopefully I'll get some needed sunny outdoors time over the weekend, and the clock change can't come soon enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks great, Brickman! You can't go wrong with venison. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man, as you can tell I was being lazy/tired that day. I've actually got a much better post about making the sausage but I'm still working on it, it will go live soon.

    ReplyDelete