Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Floodwaters...in the kitchen?!?!

Venison cooking (as well as just about any kind of cooking) is at a standstill right now as a leaky pipe in my kitchen wall has forced the demolition of a sizable portion of my cabinetry.  Goodbye Christmas bonus!  But this has made me decide to get new counter-tops sometime next month, I guess that's a good thing.  Luckily I know people in the business, hope that helps.
Where once was a lazy Susan is now a gaping void...that smells.
 I wish I could fast-forward my life to 2:00 pm Saturday when I'll be aboard the Catalina Express, ordering a Bloody Mary and hoping for a blue whale sighting.

2 comments:

  1. I hear things went relatively well in Catalina, and look forward to reading your take on it! Charlie turned me on to your blog, and I'm enjoying what I'm seeing so far. Good stuff!

    Funny that we both do the same thing with Patak's by the way... it's a handy thing to have around the kitchen. Works great on wild boar and ducks as well as venison.

    Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phillip, I've heard good things about you too, I think we drank some of your scotch last night. I'm in Avalon right now, we leave on the 8 am tomorrow. I've got some good stuff, I hope.

    ReplyDelete