Monday, September 24, 2012

Update

At this point Daddy is stabilized an not in any immediate danger.  He's most likely going into a nursing facility this week, hopefully for rehab and to gain strength.  We volunteered to keep his dog in the meantime, a chubby little rat terrier mix.  She's sweet and well behaved, haven't heard a bark out of her yet.

I got to take a break between hospital visits and go for a nice long walk in Congaree National Park.  Like most lowland areas across the south, feral hog damage is an issue.  I saw a few on my walk, three posed perfectly for me a nice short rifle or long shotgun distance away.  Alas, I bet when I go actually hunting them they will be nowhere to be found.

I'm going to try to go out to Goethe one afternoon this week, depending on the weather.  Crossing fingers.

View across the floodplain from the bluffs south of the Congaree River

No comments:

Post a Comment