Friday, January 14, 2011

Big 4-0

Is here.  I turn 40 years old at 10:05 AM this morning.  Funny, I don't feel like someone who could technically have grandkids...

Found this on my desk when I got in to work, present from my hunting buddy John.  He knows me quite well at this point :)

At this rate I could be passed out by 11 am.

My present to myself is en route, scheduled for delivery later today:  A 1970's vintage Ben Pearson Mustang 7258 recurve bow, AMO 58 inches, 45 lbs. @ 28 inches.  As much as I could tell from the photos for the auction, it looks like it should clean up nicely.  For some odd reason someone bolted a Whisker Biscuit arrow rest to it, they are mostly used for compounds but maybe he knew something that conventional wisdom doesn't.  I'll have to get bow string, arrows, etc., but I'll be sure to post practice pics.

Photo from eBay auction.  Yes some damn fool put a Whisker Biscuit on it, poor thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment